Tuesday, October 25, 2016

Chilly Weather and Lily Pads

Volume 13 Issue 11, November 2016

What's New in November?

It’s time to start thinking about the holidays, and in our fifth annual Countdown to Christmas, Blu and I are hosting a large selection of handmade and vintage items from a long list of friends that we support. I have taken to sending out biweekly newsletters to help you see some of the wonderful gift ideas that our friends have come up with. You can see the countdown on our blog: http://bmebluprint.blogspot.com/

We are finally getting some cooler nights with the temperatures dropping into the 60s. Yay! It’s finally fall in Florida, but we may go right back up into the 80s again next week. So much for fall.

We were very fortunate that Hurricane Matthew did not hit us; the worse damage we have is to the tops of some of the trees, and we are going to lose a mature oak tree. When we look at all of the damage in Haiti and even in the Carolinas, we count our blessings.

On that humble note, I will share a photo that I took and enhanced while on a little side trip that I took this month before the hurricane. We have an old, old, old Florida garden/park that I took some time off to wander through. They specialize in water lilies, and while I enhanced this photo to a degree, there were so many types of lilies and so many beautiful flowers, I didn’t need to do too much to coax out the brilliant colors.

lilypads2

More Beads: I finished almost 50 lampwork technique focal beads in a variety of styles and shapes.

Thimbles: I created seven new thimbles featuring macaw parrots, cardinals, butterflies and more.

Watches: I finished five new watches. Two of them have duplicates.

You will find all of my beads, canes and finished jewelry on my website. www.bluemorningexpressions.com

Until next month,

Julie & Blu

Things to Look Forward To:

New Products:

Hotrod magnets: I am finishing up the hotrod magnets, and I have a couple dozen done, but not featured in the shop.

Bangle Bracelets: Have a few bangles done, but adding a lot more.

Print Pieces: I am working on a range of beach theme pieces that include pillows, towels, table clothes and more. In addition, I have a new line of water lily shots that I just took at a local botanical gardens as shown at the top.

 

tropical-frame1-nobackground